Sunday, September 29, 2013

Enabling AutoComplete In ADT

I got the Android Development Toolkit, which includes Eclipse and the SDK for developing Android applications. After having a go at it for a couple of minutes, I noticed that I didn't have any autocomplete. Being a newbie at Android development (no experience with Android development, apart from a few days of Android coding in 2010 or 2011), I really needed the autocomplete to work so I looked for something that could point me the right way. I finally stumbled upon the settings at:
Window > Preferences > Java > Editor > Content Assist > Advanced

I enabled the Java Proposals, Java Type Proposals, and Java Non-Type Proposals, and as soon as I dismissed the dialog box by clicking the Ok button, I was able to use Ctrl+Space for the code autocompletion!

No comments: