Sunday, November 30, 2008

Review: RapidSVN for Windows

While working with Linux and PHP, I used RapidSVN as my preferred client to manage my source code. However, after I made the switch from Linux system administration to .NET development, I used TortoiseSVN and that was pretty cool with the Windows Explorer (shell) integration.

I tried RapidSVN 0.9.6 (March 2008 build) for Windows today and found it to be less than acceptable in terms of stability. The first time I launched the application after installation, I did a Checkout to a new directory and RapidSVN simply crashed after about 2-3 minutes of getting the files from the source code repository. I then tried a clean up (which was under the 'Extras' menu item). I tried getting the source code again, but to no avail so I guess I'll have to work with a different source control repository to try it out.

Perhaps I'll get to use a newer version of RapidSVN sometime soon? I'm really looking forward to a stable release.

If you want to try RapidSVN 0.9.6, you can get a copy from here.

No comments: